THE 1001 KILOMETRE CYCLING CHALLENGE - Lake Louise to Whistler
JUNE 17 – 24, 2018 (THIS IS A GMP TRIP REQUIRING REGISTRATION - not an auction item)
1001km Cycle Challenge Through the Canadian Rockies – Once in a Lifetime Ride of Your Life!
Featuring Olympic cyclist Curt Harnett, iconic Canadian entertainers, various Olympic and culinary guests along the way and YOU – finishing a ride of a lifetime!
$3500 per person based on double occupancy
$4200 per person based on single occupancy
MORE INFORMATION: SYLVIE@MAGMA.CA
One of the most beautiful places on earth, the Canadian Rockies, will be home to this “bucket list” challenge ride – 1001km from Lake Louise, Alberta to Whistler, BC.
If you have ridden with GMP in Provence, Tuscany or South Africa, this is the ride for you! Macchiato, Upper Macchiato and Espresso riders – all are welcome.
Cycle though some of the most breathtaking scenery on the planet! Join your fellow riders on daily rides of 100-180km as you cycle from Lake Louise, Alberta to your final destination of Whistler, BC. Along the way you will stay in chalets and lodges that offer dramatic vistas of mountains and rivers. Highlights will include a ride from the Sunwapta Falls Resort, past Jasper and across the Continental Divide to the Mt Robson Resort, which sits in the shadow of the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
You will be transfixed not only by the incredible scenery, but by the amazing feeling of accomplishment at the end of each day – getting off the saddle to join your ride-mates for special dinners, discussion of the day’s highlights and some unique GMP musical entertainment!
Join us in one of the most beautiful parts of the world for this once in a lifetime cycling adventure – challenging your mind and body – with a final celebration in Whistler, B.C.
And, in addition to the set registration fee, which will cover hard costs of the ride, GMP is introducing a new way to raise funds for Canada’s “Next Gen” athletes by having supporters sponsor you for each km you ride (e.g. .10/km = $101, .25/ km = $250.25, .50/km = $500.50 etc.).
Often when we think of Epic bike rides, our minds quickly turn to the storied routes of Europe. But, we have our own Epic right here in our own backyard. Join us on the adventure of a lifetime through some of Canada’s most inspiring landscapes.
We will promote all 1001km riders at our GMP Galas in each city to build support for each rider as part of a city team (1001 a little too far, ask us about the 500 km option). In addition, you can have your own network (work, family, friends) support you so that the 1001km challenge will become an important fundraiser for Canada’s NextGen athletes.
Tax Receipts: A tax receipt will be provided for all donations made by your supporters.
Note: the amount you raise will be matched by the Government of Canada’s Next Generation Initiative!
Our goal: 25 riders raise $5000 each = $125,000 and that amount matched, will result in $250,000!
REGISTRATION AND ONLINE DONATIONS:
- DAY 1 (JUNE 17):
- Lake Louise to Sunwapta Lodge (184 Km) – Elevation 1900m
- DAY 2 (JUNE 18):
- Sunwapta Lodge to Mt. Robson Lodge (151 Km) [335K total] – Elevation 1100m
- DAY 3 (JUNE 19):
- Mt. Robson Lodge to Wiegele Resort (125 Km) [460K total] – Elevation 800m
- DAY 4 (JUNE 20):
- Rest day at Wiegele
- DAY 5 (JUNE 21):
- Wiegele Resort to Little Fort (137 Km) [597K total] – Elevation 950m
- DAY 6 (JUNE 22):
- Little Fort to Clinton (169 Km) [766K total] – Elevation 2000m
- DAY 7 (JUNE 23):
- Clinton to Lillooet (110 Km) [876K Total] – Elevation 1100m
- DAY 8 (JUNE 24):
- Lillooet to Whistler (125 Km) [1001K Total] – Elevation 2500m
This is a ride of a lifetime; fantastic scenery, fantastic people and bragging rights for the rest of your cycling days. It is challenging but achievable!
GREG DICKIE, ST JOHN’S
YOUR EIGHT-DAY, SEVEN-NIGHT ADVENTURE
- Seven-nights’ accommodation including breakfast at scenic chalets and lodges along the way, such as the Sunwapta Resort, Mount Robson Resort and Mike Wiegele Heli Ski Lodge, all located in breathtaking locations in the Rockies
- Support vehicles and guides provided by Rocky Mountain Cycle Tours
- Snacks, water, sport drinks and food stations
- Gold Medal Plates “1001km Gold Jersey”!
- Four group dinners at some of the resorts
- Musical entertainment by iconic Canadian entertainers!
- A guest Canadian chef visit!
- An incredible Olympic evening with Rio 2016 Chef de Mission & Olympic Cycling Medalist Curt Harnett
- National Park fee, Laundry service and Massage services (fee per use)
- Final dinner – celebrate your 1001km!
Optional add-ons (at additional cost):
- Arrival early in Lake Louise and enjoy a little more of Banff on your own!
- Or extend your trip in the beautiful city of Whistler as you celebrate the achievement of a ride of a lifetime!
- Rental bikes available if you choose not to bring your own
- Shuttle services from Calgary to Banff and Whistler to Vancouver airport
- River safari with jet boat to Grizzly habitat