St. John’s Event Chair
Gold Medal Plates – Canada’s Best Kitchen Party!
Gold Medal Plates St. John’s
Date: Friday, October 20, 2017
Location: St. John’s Convention Centre
5:15pm – VIP Reception
This stand up reception is for Deloitte National sponsor guests, Gold Sponsors, Event Benefactors, Olympian Table buyers, and Olympians in attendance
- Featuring 2016 GMP Silver Medal Winner Shaun Hussey
- Fine Wine Auction and Silent Auction
- NEW – Gold Medal Pints
5:30pm – Early Access to Chef Stations for VIPs (Note: New Time)
6:00pm – The Competition
General Admittance for corporate table and individual ticket buyers
- Tasting of the top 10 chefs’ creations in a stand up reception format.
- Tasting of Canada’s best wines, spirits and Gold Medal Pints – Canada’s best craft beers.
7:40 PM – Celebration Gala
Seated format for all guests
- Dessert Reception
- Gold Medal Plates Presentation of Olympians in Attendance
- MC – Scott Russell, CBC, Gemini Award Winning Olympic Broadcaster
- Entertainment – Show Co-Produced by National Entertainment Advisor, Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo (Entertainers TBA)
- Live Auction– Trips to Include: Big White Culinary Adventure, Tuscany, Barcelona and Mallorca, Iceland, (New!) Belgium and France, and (New!) Japan!
- Crowning of the Bronze, Silver and Gold Medal Winning Chefs!
- Individual Ticket: $ 350
- Corporate Table of 10: $ 3,500
- Olympian Table of 10 guests + 1 Olympian: $ 5,000
- Event Benefactor, table of 10 guests + 1 Olympian: $ 10,000
- Gold Sponsor, table of 10 guests + 1 Olympian: $ 20,000
(Taxes not included)
Chris Chafe – The Gypsy Tea Room/evoo In The Courtyard
Nathan Hornidge – Black Salt Catering
Nick Jewczyk – The Fifth Ticket
Maurizio Modica – St. John’s Fish Exchange
Brian Piercey – Bridie Molloy’s and The Celtic Hearth
Jeremiah Stafford – The Reluctant Chef
Nick Walters – The Merchant Tavern
James Chatto (Head Judge)
Roary Macpherson (Senior Judge)
Chef Shaun Hussey
Thank you to the Gold Medal Plates sponsors and supporters who provide vital support to the project