Featuring Multi-Juno Award Winner and Grammy Nominee Ed Robertson with Special Musical Guests from Whitehorse Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland, Most Decorated Olympian Marnie McBean and Gold Medallists Tessa Bonhomme and David Pelletier!
Travel Dates: April 27 – May 4 OR May 4 – 11, 2014
La Dolce Vita! Tuscany itself promises that – from extraordinary paintings and sculpture to frescoes and architectural masterpieces from the medieval times to the exquisite local cuisine and world renowned wines to the picturesque towns and villages – but Tuscany combined with Gold Medal Plates adds so much more!
A once-in-a-lifetime private concert under the Tuscan stars with Canada’s own multi-Juno award winner and Grammy nominee Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies with special guests Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland of Whitehorse promises to be only one of the highlights. Other highlights include a fantastic Tuscany tasting led by funny man Ed Robertson of the best cheese, olives and sausages paired with fantastic wines and a private tour and tasting of the San Felice wine cellar. There will be unplugged performances around the bar by Ed, Luke and Melissa, and the opportunity to participate in an epic ride to Borgo’s world-class award-winning Montalcino winery – 75 km from Borgo San Felice to enjoy a traditional Tuscan picnic and Brunello wines while hearing tales from our medaled Olympians – hockey powerhouse Tessa Bonhomme, fan-favourite pairs figure skater David Pelletier and three-time Olympic Champion in rowing, Marnie McBean.
You can choose to also enjoy cycling led by Italian guides and alongside some of Canada’s most decorated Olympians on the beautiful country roads of Chianti. Imagine biking among the vineyards lined with majestic olive trees, stopping for a cappuccino in a quaint square, all set between the famed cities of Siena and Florence. It’s considered some of the best cycling in the WORLD! For non-cyclists, you can enjoy hiking through the vineyards, wine tastings, museum visits and wonderful lunches in quaint little Tuscan villages, also led by local Italian guides.
You will spend seven nights in the world-renowned five-star Relais & Chateau Borgo San Felice and Winery, birthplace of the Super Tuscan, awarded “Most Excellent Hotel” Condé Nast Johansens Gold List and 25 Top Resorts by Condé Nast Traveller in 2011.
Life can’t get any sweeter than this in one of the most prized locations on the planet – TUSCANY!
Your eight-day, seven-night adventure for two includes:• Accommodations, including breakfast, at the five-star Relais & Chateau Borgo San Felice, a small hamlet dating back to the Middle Ages converted to a magical oasis. The property boasts a large heated pool, state-of-the-art spa, tennis court, 24-hour concierge and the Poggio Rosso restaurant. The latter, a winner of international awards, offers traditional Tuscan dishes imaginatively revisited and accurately prepared using locally-sourced ingredients and a carefully-researched wine list that boasts 200 select labels
• Welcome reception, featuring exquisite wines from the San Felice cellar that houses a remarkable 14 different labels, with a range of both red and white wines. The traditional Chianti Classicos, including the vigorous Riserva wines, are accompanied by other prestigious reds such as Campogiovanni, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, and Vigorello
• Private concert under the stars with multi-Juno award winner and Grammy nominee Ed Robertson with special guests from Whitehorse, Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland
• Ed Robertson, a serious foodie and a seriously funny guy, will lead a fantastic Tuscany Tasting of the best cheese, olives and sausages in Tuscany – not to be missed!
• Cycling with your guest Olympians, Marnie, Tessa and David led by local guides on some of Tuscany’s best cycling routes (bike rental not included)
• Enjoy a traditional Tuscan picnic at Montalcino winery featuring tales from our Olympians – rower Marnie McBean, hockey player Tessa Bonhomme and pairs figure skater David Pelletier. You can choose to ride 75km to the winery lead by our local Italian guides or be taken by coach and enjoy time to explore the classic fairytale hilltop town of Montalcino – known as the City of Brunello!
• A private tour and tasting of the San Felice Cellars by winemaker Leonardo Bellaccini and director Fabrizio Nencioni followed by a cellar dinner
• Wine tastings, museum visits and opportunity to hike in the vineyards led by local guides (additional costs apply)
• Tour at your leisure of Rampini Ceramics, the best ceramics studio and shop in all of Italy – just 15 minutes from the property
• Time to relax on the property, including the newly renovated spa wellness centre specializing in one of the latest discoveries in the field of beauty treatments: wine therapy
• Time to explore the enchanting region of Tuscany steeped in history and art, including the medieval towns of Arezzo, San Gimignano, Siena, Montalcino and Montepulciano. Tour the many wineries that surround the area and taste the wonderful cuisine of the many restaurants in the area. There are five Michelin-rated restaurants within 30 minutes of Borgo San Felice!
Optional add-ons (at additional cost):
• Guided hikes, wine tastings, museum visit and lunches in Tuscany
• Hands-on Tuscan cooking class
• Horseback riding in the heart of Tuscany
• Hot air balloon ride to view Tuscany from extraordinary vantage points
Tuscany Trip Gallery (click on a thumbnail to enlarge to slideshow)