June 18-25, 2018
A Week as a Royal in the Magical Highlands of Scotland (Back by Popular Demand!)
Featuring Geoffrey Kelly and Matthew Harder from the Iconic Canadian Celtic Band, Spirit of the West, with special musical guest Rebecca Harder. In addition, Olympic Gold Medalist in hockey and TSN Anchor/reporter, Tessa Bonhomme, Mom’s the Word Writers and Actors Alison Kelly and Jill Daum and Canada’s Culinary Genius, James Chatto will be there!
The Scottish Highlands – Home to the Kings of Olde – a dramatic landscape rich in history, wildlife and natural
wonders. Ackergill Tower Castle, a grand, meticulously restored 15th century castle, lords over the shores of Sinclair Bay and its own splendid 3,000 acre estate. It is set on the spectacular coastline of the North Sea just 20 minutes from John o’ Groats, the most northerly place on mainland Britain, and only a six mile ferry ride to the Orkney Islands. This five star grand castle and grounds will be your magical home for
your week long Highland adventure!
Prince Charles and the Queen Mother have been frequent visitors of Ackergill Tower, a setting truly fit for royalty. Highlights will include, a lobster ‘fish and chip’ feast ‘royal-style’ with Olympic tales from TSN Anchor/reporter and Vancouver 2010 Olympic Gold Medalist in hockey, Tessa Bonhomme, fabulous gin and scotch tastings led by Canada’s culinary genius, James Chatto, a Pimms Party while watching a spectacular Falconry Show at Ackergill Tower, a Best of Britain dinner and a very memorable Bothy BBQ night by the trout-laden loch.
We experienced a piece of our Scottish family heritage in the beautiful historical Highlands! Ackergill Castle accommodations were amazing and the events and itinerary were very cultural with a great balance of activities and personal time. It was a very emotional and unforgettable trip!!
KEITH AND DENISE BLACK, REGINA, SASKATOON
You will also enjoy a spectacular bonfire on the rugged beach of the North Sea while the Northern Lights dance in the sky, and a grand high tea, Gold Medal Plates style, featuring a performance by actors Alison Kelly and Jill Daum as they share excerpts from their critically acclaimed play, Mom’s the Word, which has been a smash hit on five continents. The recently released, hysterically funny and deeply touching, Mom’s the Word 3 – Nest ½ Empty, has played to sold out audiences. This special afternoon will make you laugh until you cry!
And if that isn’t enough, be prepared to join a clan and participate in the fourth annual Gold Medal Plates Highland Games! And you wouldn’t be living the life of a royal without a little archery, skeet shooting, snooker,
fly fishing and golfing in some of the world’s best links courses. You can also participate in a day excursion to the Orkney Islands for a private whiskey tasting at Highland Park, the most northern whiskey distillery in the world. Or, indulge in a whiskey paired dinner featuring 2012’s Best Whisky in the World’s Old Pulteney’s, the most northerly distillery on the Scottish mainland!
The week will culminate with a magnificent Imperial Dinner in Sinclair Palace, that Robbie Burns would bless, complete with men in kilts and a traditional piping in of the Haggis. The night will end with a “kick up your heels” concert featuring the charismatic force of Canadian musicians Geoffrey Kelly and Matthew Harder of Spirit of the West with amazing accordion player, Rebecca Harder. It will be a party unlike anything you have seen and we know you will likely need to go Home for a Rest!
You, lads and lassies, have the makings of one heck of a week in royal Scottish style!
A remarkable experience in the land of heather and single malts.
DOUG & WENDY TAYLOR, VICTORIA
YOUR EIGHT-DAY, SEVEN-NIGHT ADVENTURE FOR TWO INCLUDES:
- Accommodations, including gourmet breakfast, at the luxurious five star Ackergill Tower and Castle Grounds located in the magical Highlands of Scotland. Ackergill Tower has a Grand Dining Hall, The Smuggler’s Inn pub, a snooker room, an impressive selection of whiskeys, gins and wines on property and many lounge areas where you can curl up by a freshly stoked fire and watch the waves crashing on the shore
- Welcome reception, featuring fantastic gins and Scotch whiskies from the area
- A “kick up your heels” concert featuring Geoffrey Kelly and Matthew Harder of Spirit of the West and special guest musician Rebecca Harder
- A Scottish gin tasting led by Culinary and gin master James Chatto
- A ‘Royal Fish and Chip Dinner’ fit for the Queen, with tales from TSN Anchor/reporter and Olympic Gold Medalist Tessa Bonhomme
- A true-Scottish Pimms Party on the magnificent castle grounds while watching a spectacular Falconry Show at Ackergill Tower and a Best of Britain dinner!
- Enjoy a Bothy Night by the loch and a bonfire on the rugged beach beside the North Sea
- Join a clan and compete in the fourth annual Gold Medal Plates Highland Games
- A magnificent Imperial Dinner complete with the piping-in of the Haggis in Sinclair Palace where men will dawn their full kilt attire!
- A grand high tea with a special performance by actors Alison Kelly and Jill Daum, who will regale us with excerpts from their critically acclaimed play, Mom’s the Word, and by your musical guests in the Drawing Room at Ackergill Castle
- Time to explore the beauty and magic of the Highlands and area including John o’ Groats, the old fishing port of Wick, once home to a massive herring fleet or visiting Old Pulteney Distiller
Optional add-ons (at additional cost):
- Day excursion to the Orkney Islands where a private tour of Highland Park has been arranged, the most northern whiskey distillery in the world and considered by many to be the best whiskey of any kind on the planet!
- Guided hike from Thurso to Scrabster and a very special visit to Scrabster Village where you will meet chef extraordinaire, Jim Cowie, who will take you on an incredible culinary journey in his Captain’s Galley Restaurant, voted one of the top 10 restaurants in all of Scotland!
- Live the life of a Royal and partake in archery, skeet shooting, fly fishing and RIB rides
- Golf some of the world’s best links golf courses in all of Scotland
- Whiskey pairing dinner hosted by Master Distiller Malcolm of Old Pulteney Distillery
- Explore the spectacular coastline on guided hikes or on the sea in a RIB, where you might even see some puffins