SPAIN’S ULTIMATE ADVENTURE - MALLORCA - Palma, Mallorca, Spain
May 10 - 17, 2018 & May 17 - 24, 2018
Mallorca – Spain’s Ultimate Adventure – in all its Splendour, History and Charm!
Featuring Canadian rock legend Neil Osborne of 54/40, Juno Award winners, Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland of Whitehorse, plus a special appearance by Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and Order of Canada Recipient, Tom Cochrane! In addition, Rosie MacLennan (Olympic double gold medalist in trampoline), Marnie McBean (Olympic triple gold, bronze medalist and Order of Canada recipient) and Canada’s premier wine expert, David Lawrason, will be there!
The deep blue Mediterranean beckons in Mallorca. Imagine an island with turquoise-blue seas, secret sparkling coves, glorious beaches, lush green foliage, majestic mountains, soulful, picture postcard hill-top villages and the vibrant, historical capital of Palma. Mallorca has a rich cultural history dating back centuries, a deep artisan & cultural scene and gastronomic excellence, making it an island paradise.
You will spend seven glorious nights in the majestic and elegant five-star Castillo Hotel Son Vida, which sits high above Palma de Mallorca in the 13th century estate of Son Vida. There are subtropical lush gardens, incredible golf courses and incomparable views of the Bay of Palma.
The GMP trips are a very unique experience. The locations are ideal and the chance to meet, mingle and listen to iconic Canadian musicians and Olympians create unforgettable memories.”
KEVIN AND BEA PELLEY, HALIFAX
For cyclists, Mallorca is one of the ultimate cycling locations on the planet! The rise and fall of the spectacular Tramuntana Mountains makes Mallorca the perfect cycling playground for all levels of cyclists, from moderate to expert. You will get to enjoy rides led by local guides starting right from Castillo Son Vida and from starting
points off property. Alongside Olympian Marnie McBean, you will take an amazing destination ride to the spectacular, secluded winery of Castell Miquel Winery where you will spend a luxurious afternoon enjoying Spanish tapas and world-class wines at this only slope side bodega in Mallorca!
If you don’t cycle, not to worry, Mallorca with over 300 days of sunshine is a paradise for hikers, golfers wine enthusiasts, market shoppers and history buffs! You can choose to hike alongside Olympic Double Gold Medalist, Rosie MacLennan or golf in one of three golf courses, all a stone’s throw away from the hotel. Or, you might be interested in taking a cultural city tour of Palma, including a visit to the magnificent 13th century Santa Maria Cathedral. Enjoy a fantastic tapas dinner tour with our local food and cultural expert, Jonathan Lerner or join Canada’s premier wine expert, David Lawrason as he leads the way to indulge in some of Mallorca’s best wines!
There will be an unforgettable private catamaran sunset cocktail cruise on the deep blue Mediterranean Sea and an amazing Spanish wine tasting by wine expert David Lawrason. As well, and not to be missed, a spectacular dinner and wine tasting of Mallorcan wines at Living Dreams. There you will hear Rosie MacLennan’s incredible journey on defending her gold medal at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games and hear stories from the incredible career of Marnie McBean, including how she continues to mentor our athletes. There will be a special unplugged appearance by the legendary rocker and Order of Canada Recipient, Tom Cochrane! You won’t want to miss the grand BBQ followed by a private concert under the stars
with Juno award winners Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland of Whitehorse, two powerhouses in the
Canadian music scene, and Neil Osborne of 54/40.
It promises to be an unforgettable adventure in this magical destination!
Some of our best friendships and memories have been made traveling with GMP trips.
ANDREW MARSHALL AND JOANNE MACNEIL, OTTAWA
YOUR EIGHT-DAY, SEVEN-NIGHT ADVENTURE FOR TWO INCLUDES:
- Seven-night’s accommodation, including breakfast, at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida, high above Palma de
Mallorca in the 13th century estate of Son Vida. The property boasts two pools, full service spa, golf courses,
health club and award winning restaurants and bars A cocktail reception at Hotel Son Vida overlooking
the stunning view of Palma de Mallorca and the magnificent 13th century Santa Maria Cathedral
- An incredible dinner at Living Dreams featuring wines of Mallorca and stories from our Olympians Rosie MacLennan and Marnie McBean
- A wine tasting by David Lawrason, featuring his favourite wines from the area
- An unforgettable private catamaran sunset cocktail cruise on the deep blue Mediterranean Sea
- A luxurious afternoon enjoying Spanish tapas and world-class wines at the only slope side bodega in Mallorca at Castell Miquel Winery. This secluded winery estate, surrounded by the lush green Tramuntana mountains, boasts some of the most amazing views in Mallorca! You can choose to ride or hike to the winery.
- Cycling led by local guides on some of Mallorca’s best routes (bike rental not included)
- A special unplugged performance by rocker legend Tom Cochrane
- Grand BBQ and private concert under the stars with Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland of Whitehorse and Neil Osborne of 54/40.
Optional add-ons (at additional cost):
- Rental of Bike – there will be local guides to take you on the best routes in the world in Mallorca
- Golfing some of the most stunning and challenging courses in Mallorca
- Journey with David Lawrason to explore some of the bodegas in Mallorca
- Tapas tours
- Guided hikes, wine tastings, cathedral visits led by local guides in Mallorca